Skillwork is currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Supervisor to join our team! Find freedom and flexibility in your work, travel the country, and learn new skillsets working with new companies. Our Agents work with you to find the best possible placements for your experience and interests.
- Medical, dental, PTO and 401k options provided for all employees.
- We also offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
- Review of scheduled maintenance to be scheduled by you and the planners to ensure priorities of the facility and business are being met.
- Review of Preventive Maintenance Procedures to be performed on the equipment, and edit as necessary.
- Control maintenance cost by ordering only parts for equipment that are needed and having equipment in the plant rebuilt when possible. All parts are to be attached to a work order or PM, even one-time orders.
- Communicate with production supervisors by answering requests for repairs and meet with production supervisors to discuss and resolve any problems with the equipment in their departments.
- Seek and identify opportunities to train and develop your hourly work force to meet job performance expectations.
- Lead maintenance hourly union employees to work safely, efficiently, effectively, and at the lowest possible cost.
- Participates in safety/environmental self-audits & visual checks and identify safety hazards, champions all safety activities for the department and helps to develop and meet plant safety goals.
- Understand OSHA standards and conduct accident investigations to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Participate in cost reduction planning with the Plant Engineer, storeroom personnel, and MRO buyer.
- Plan all maintenance with special attention paid to all regulatory requirements that may apply. This includes, but is not limited to, OSHA rules, EPA regulations, Food Safety rules and guidelines and state and local environmental regulations.
- Develop and maintain planned and predictive maintenance procedures and routes as required.
- Ensure all safety requirements are observed in the performance of maintenance. Promote working safely.
- Ensure the availability of all materials and special tools necessary to complete scheduled work.
- Prioritize all work orders for routine maintenance and scheduled maintenance.
- Train maintenance personnel in proper maintenance procedures and proper reporting procedures.
- Hiring and termination of hourly union employees.
- Ensures standard operating procedures and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Quality requirements are followed at all times.
- Plan all maintenance (planned, predictive and corrective) for plant equipment in area of responsibility.
- In employees absence a Maintenance Supervisor/Relief Supervisor will complete the roles and activities this position is responsible for.
- AS degree – Mechanical/Electrical or relevant work experience.
- 5 years prior experience in maintenance
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Prior experience in a union environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft spreadsheets, Word processing, the Internet, Sales software and UNIX applications (SAP).