Skillwork is currently seeking an Diesel Mechanic to join our team! Find freedom and flexibility in your work, travel the country, and learn new skillsets working with new companies. Our Agents work with you to find the best possible placements for your experience and interests.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, PTO and 401k options provided for all employees.
- We also offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- 4+ years of diesel mechanic/heavy equipment mechanic experience
- General experience in brakes, fluids, wheel seals, tires, clutches, suspensions, and general fleet maintenance
- Electronics and low voltage maintenance
- Tech school degree or ASE certification
- Welding and fabrication skills helpful
- Experience with DOT truck inspections
- Class A CDL with Hazmat