Skillwork is currently seeking Electronic & Controls Technician’s to join our team! Find freedom and flexibility in your work, travel the country, and learn new skillsets working with new companies. Our Agents work with you to find the best possible placements for your experience and interests.
- Medical, dental, life insurance, PTO and 401k options provided for all employees.
- We also offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation!
The Electronic & Controls Technician will troubleshoot and maintain all controls components such as PLC’s, safety devices, HMI, servo drives, process hardware and robots. The controls technician will assist in all areas of automated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the operation of electrical controls systems, including one year of journeyman level experience
- The position requires successful completion of two (2-4) years of vocational school training and certification in the repair and maintenance of PLC systems
- The controls technician will troubleshoot and maintain all controls components such as PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives, process hardware and robots.
- The controls technician will assist in all areas of automated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable with Allen Bradley Controls Logix, Compact Logix, RS Logix, etc.
- Knowledge with AC/DC motors and VFD’s.
- PLC, HMI, SCADA proficiency.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks
- Must be organized
- Candidate will be aware of the electrical work and electrical industry’s safety standards
- Troubleshooting, upgrade, maintenance and repair of computers and microprocessors
- Ability to read and understand electrical layout drawings, undertake feasibility studies and write detailed technical reports as necessary for this position
- Testing electrical components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine and repair appropriate system errors
- Must have substantial skill in comprehending engineering reports, specifications and related materials in English