Skillwork is currently seeking a Traveling Ammonia PSM Coordinator to join our team! Find freedom and flexibility in your work, travel the country, and learn new skillsets working with new companies.
- Medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, PTO and 401k options provided for all employees.
- Skillwork also offers per diem, housing, and travel compensation.
- Ammonia PSM Certification – Minimum Requirement
- Active RETA CARO & CIRO certifications – Preferred Requirement
- 8+ years experience as a refrigeration technician/operator
- Valid DL
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient reading schematics
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience
- Engine & Boiler systems
- Electricity & motor controls
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Mechanical systems
- Predictive/Predictive maintenance
- Site utilities
- System analysis & troubleshooting
- Pipefitting & welding
- Metal fabrication
- Duties include maintenance and repair of boilers and boiler room auxiliary equipment such as pumps, steam and water valves, air compressors, and high pressure condensate.
- This position monitors load demands and starts or shuts down respective boilers, air compressors, and water pumps, to maintain the required steam, air, and water (cold, hot, re-use) output needed. Individual must be able to react to changes in load demands as required, including during emergencies
- Position will monitor chemical feed system for water treatment and make necessary test and adjustments to ensure correct chemical levels.
- Manipulates valves to control the flow of water and fuel and to increase or decrease steam, water, and air as required. Adjusts equipment controls to correct malfunctions if they occur.
- Observes operating equipment, meters, and gages to insure that operation is in accord with specified instructions. Inspects boiler safety devices.
- Reports abnormal operating conditions or major repair requirements to shift supervisor, and assists in implementing remedial action and logs all information down in daily log book of any repairs or corrections.
- Performs minor repairs, as necessary, such as replacing defective meters, packing valves, worn gaskets, tightening joints.
- Receives calls from departmental personnel regarding problems, such as lack of temperature control. Relays information to shift supervisor of maintenance performed and logs all information down in daily log book of any repairs or corrections.
- Maintains the boiler room and work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. May clean and paint equipment as necessary
- Assists in the annual boiler inspection and prepares boilers for annual inspection
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows all safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
Website – https://skillwork.com/